Before initiating a research program or project, it is important to be familiar with the following areas covered in this section.
- Eligibility to hold research funds;
- Identifying and declaring Conflicts of Interest;
- Training and awareness of Responsible Conduct of Research (Research Integrity) standards and requirements;
- SFU and funding sponsor policies related to research; and
- Legal requirements when your research involves animals and/or human subjects, hazardous materials, controlled goods, or imports and exports.